Tuesday 1 August 2017

 Belen (16) and I
 Nayeli (15) and I
 Just a few of my 25 little sisters in Tarija Bolivia
Volleyball, Singing and Baking took up most of our days together :)

In my last 4 months in Bolivia I spent almost every Sunday and Wednesday at the House Virgen of Chauaguaya a home for girls ages 5-18. Most girls come from abusive households in seek of shelter and love, some lost their parents at a young age and were taken in by abusive family members. The girls are taken care of by 4 nuns from a local catholic church and the girls are provided with room, board, food, clothing and schooling. Currently 25 little girls find refuge there. They are some of the most beautiful little girls I have ever met, they aren't victims but instead fighters who will someday make a big difference in Bolivia.

No comments:

Post a Comment