Tuesday 1 August 2017

 My last day of school at La Salle Particular Colegio, Tarija.
 Vale Gomez made me a beautiful art piece <3 Te extrano amiga mia 
 Flo and I
 Clari and I
 Nata and I
I am so thankful to have met and worked with Director Javier Carillo, he is such a fantastic and inspirational leader in our school and helped me in so many ways with Operacion Barrio Miraflores. On my last day I was handing out my thank you cards and he ushered me into his office for a brief moment. He told me that in all his years with La Salle they had had over 7 foreign exchange students, however onl two had truly stepped out of their comfort zones to make a difference. He said I was one of those students and told me that when I left, I would leave behind me a big hole in the hearts of many staff members and students. I will never forget Director Javier and hope one day to meet him again.


The three teachers you see above are my three favorite teachers from my year abroad, Profe Delfor of Social Studies and Civics, Profe Huanca of Literature and English (Spanish) and Profe Ilsen of Music and Choir. I am so thankful for their guidance and patience over the past 11months, for all the opportunities they gave me and all the goals they helped me achieve. Their teachings and smiles are forever imprinted on my heart. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment