Tuesday 10 January 2017

















 
Finally downloaded all of the pictures from one of the most incredible days of my life! On December 28 2016 I visited one of the worlds largest dinosaur parks! I went with my cousins Salvador, Roberta, and Stephanie, my sister Ari and we were accompanied by my Aunt Patti and my Uncle Sergio. Upon arriving at the Park my eyes bulged with excitement from the scenery... The giant rock face which can be seen as one is driving in, covered in 45 million year old dinosaur footprints is simply indescribable. After we payed we all ran to the museum with Dino teeth and a few fossils and boards explaining about the Dinosaurs which lived and roamed Sucre millions of years ago. But my second favorite part of our time at the Park was walking through the Dinosaur model park, listening to the dinosaur sounds and taking photos with the life size models. After that we ran to the trail head to grab hard helmets so we could go touch the footprints across the valley. It was a sketchy trek down the cliff side and because of the rain it made the journey even more difficult. However 20mins later we made it down to the middle section of the valley in one piece. The roadway which the 50 of us tourists where standing upon was a three inch mess of mud, everywhere you stepped you only would sink deeper. Because of this about 30 of the visitors including my whole family minus Stephanie began trekking back up the trail to get out of the rain and mud. Steph and I however somehow managed to make our way through the mud and pouring rain to the rock face and where able to touch some fossils. It was the experience of a lifetime getting out of their afterwards, and we were both drenched to the bone. But touching 45million year old footprints was an experience worth being cold and wet for. I bought a t-shirt, a ball cap and a poster and I will bring them home to show everyone in 6 months <3 Cannot believe I am already half way through my exchange! How time flies...

No comments:

Post a Comment